This easy chicken limone recipe is a citrus delight that will impress your guests. It’s a tangy and flavorful dish that features tender chicken breasts smothered in a creamy lemon sauce. With a quick brine that adds extra juiciness, this recipe is a breeze to make and pairs perfectly with roasted potatoes and garlic bread. The combination of tangy citrus flavors and creamy richness will have everyone coming back for seconds.
This post includes affiliate links, and by shopping through them, you’re supporting us to continue bringing you delightful recipes without any extra cost to you. As Amazon Associates, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. For a full scoop on our affiliate link policy, click here. Your support means the world to us – happy shopping and happy cooking!”
- Chicken limone is a tangy and flavorful dish with tender chicken breasts and a creamy lemon sauce.
- A quick brine adds extra juiciness to the chicken, creating a moist and tender result.
- This recipe pairs well with roasted potatoes and garlic bread, adding a delicious side dish to the meal.
- The tangy citrus flavors and creamy richness make this recipe a crowd-pleaser.
- Try this easy chicken limone recipe for a refreshing and satisfying meal option
Ingredients and Instructions for Chicken Limone
To make this chicken limone recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to create thinner cutlets.
- Pound the chicken breasts lightly between sheets of plastic wrap to ensure even thickness.
- In a brine solution, mix 4 cups of water with 1/4 cup of salt until dissolved.
- Place the chicken cutlets in the brine and let them sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and pat it dry.
- Dredge the chicken in the all-purpose flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water.
- Stir the mixture until the butter is melted and the sauce is well combined.
- Return the chicken to the pan, coating it with the lemon sauce.
- Heat the chicken for an additional 1-2 minutes to ensure it is fully coated and heated through.
If you prefer a gluten-free option, you can replace the all-purpose flour with cornstarch or arrowroot.
Now you have the perfect recipe to create a delicious and tangy chicken limone dish!
Tips for Making the Perfect Chicken Limone
To ensure the best results when making chicken limone, follow these tips:
- Brine the chicken breasts: Brining the chicken breasts before cooking them can make them extra tender and flavorful. Prepare a brine solution with salt, sugar, and water, and soak the chicken breasts in it for 30 minutes to an hour. This will help the meat retain moisture and add depth of flavor.
- Avoid overcooking the chicken: Be cautious not to overcook the chicken as it can become dry. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked but still juicy and tender.
- Avoid crowding the pan: When sautéing the chicken breast, it’s essential not to overcrowd the pan. Overcrowding the pan traps moisture, leading to steaming instead of achieving a desirable golden-brown crust. Cook the chicken in batches, giving each piece enough space in the pan for proper browning.
- Use fresh lemon juice: For a vibrant burst of citrus flavor, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken and into the sauce. Fresh lemon juice adds brightness and tanginess, elevating the overall taste of the dish.
- Add lemon zest: To enhance the lemon flavor even further, consider adding lemon zest to the sauce. Lemon zest contains essential oils that bring a concentrated lemon taste and aroma to the dish.
- Sauté the chicken breast: To achieve a crispy exterior and juicy interior, sauté the chicken breast in a combination of oil and butter over medium-high heat. This method ensures a delicious texture and seals in the juices.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free options: Adjust the recipe to meet dietary restrictions by using gluten-free alternatives like cornstarch or arrowroot instead of all-purpose flour. Additionally, make the dish dairy-free by substituting all olive oil for butter.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Limone
Chicken limone is a versatile dish that pairs well with various sides. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Roasted vegetables: Serve the chicken limone with a side of roasted vegetables for a healthy and flavorful combination.
- Pasta: Enjoy the tangy lemon sauce by serving the chicken over your favorite pasta, such as linguine or fettuccine.
- Garlic bread: Accompany the chicken with garlic bread to soak up the mouthwatering lemon sauce.
- Starchy side: For a heartier meal, pair the chicken limone with crispy roast potatoes or creamy mashed potatoes.
|Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and lightly pound them between sheets of plastic to create even thin cutlets.
|Dredge the chicken in flour to create a crispy coating.
|Olive oil and salted butter
|Heat oil and butter in a pan and sauté the chicken until golden brown.
|Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken and in the sauce for a tangy flavor.
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper
|Season the chicken with salt and pepper to enhance the taste.
|Use water to create a sauce by combining it with butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Limone
Chicken limone is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. Here are some delicious options:
- Roasted Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
- Crispy Roast Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
The tangy lemon sauce of the chicken limone pairs well with the richness of roasted potatoes or the freshness of a side salad. You can also serve this dish over your favorite pasta for a complete meal. No matter what you choose, the creamy lemon sauce and tender chicken will be the stars of the show.
|A colorful medley of roasted vegetables adds a healthy and flavorful touch to the chicken limone.
|Cook up some al dente pasta and serve it with the chicken limone and its tangy lemon sauce.
|Crusty garlic bread is the perfect accompaniment to the creamy and zesty flavors of the chicken limone.
|Crispy Roast Potatoes
|Golden and crispy roast potatoes add a starchy side to balance the tanginess of the chicken limone.
|Smooth and creamy mashed potatoes make for a comforting and satisfying side with the chicken limone.
In conclusion, this easy chicken limone recipe is a citrus delight that will impress your guests with its tangy flavors and creamy lemon sauce. The recipe is simple to make, thanks to the quick brine and easy instructions. Serve this dish with roasted vegetables, pasta, or garlic bread for a complete and satisfying meal. With its bright and refreshing flavors, this chicken limone recipe is a perfect choice for any occasion.
You may be interested to look at Chicken Parmesan Sandwich Recipe
Can you tell me the ingredients and instructions for making chicken limone?
To make chicken limone, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, all-purpose flour, olive oil, salted butter, lemon, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and water. First, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound them lightly between sheets of plastic to create even thin cutlets. Next, place the chicken in a brine for 15 minutes, then remove from the brine and dredge in flour. Heat oil and butter in a pan and fry the chicken in batches until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and stir in butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and water to create a tangy sauce. Return the chicken to the pan to coat it in the sauce. If you prefer a gluten-free version of this recipe, you can use cornstarch or arrowroot instead of all-purpose flour.
What are some tips for making the perfect chicken limone?
To ensure the best results when making chicken limone, try brining the chicken breasts to make them extra tender and flavorful. Be careful not to overcook the chicken, as it can become dry. It’s important not to crowd the pan when cooking the chicken, as this will cause it to stew instead of sautéing. Use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor, and consider adding lemon zest for an extra burst of citrus. If you have dietary restrictions, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using cornstarch or arrowroot instead of all-purpose flour, and you can make it dairy-free by using all olive oil instead of butter.
What are some side dishes that pair well with chicken limone?
Chicken limone is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. Some delicious options include roasted vegetables, pasta, garlic bread, crispy roast potatoes, and mashed potatoes. The tangy lemon sauce pairs well with the richness of roasted potatoes or the freshness of a side salad. You can also serve this dish over your favorite pasta for a complete meal.
Can you tell me more about the taste and flavor of chicken limone?
Chicken limone is a citrus delight with tangy flavors and a creamy lemon sauce. The quick brine adds extra juiciness to the chicken, and the combination of tangy citrus flavors and creamy richness makes this dish a flavorful and satisfying choice.